Thursday, February 11, 2010
I was in the studio last night again with my mate Brett Robertson and Bevan Lynch finishing off the recording of what will be our first single "Ode to Innocence."

This was my first time working with a producer. Many South African bands are left up to their own devices and come out with takes in the recording that are good enough, but not the best. Marciano Monjane, who incedentally also works at Andiamo Sound, helped us out at Siyabonga Media with the track.

It started out at first like an ordinary pop rock song, simple intro to verse, chorus, verse, basic solo chorus then end. With Marciano's guidance we added little treasuers (as Bevan called them) into the mix. A little bit of guitar here, a change in bass there, some synth that you can hear, but not quite and the harmonies are so subtle yet amazingly effective.

Bevan performed the vocals amazingly well and again, we could have had a take that was good enough but we went for the best and I think we got it.

Keep an ear out for it. Soon enough we'll be hitting your airwaves...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Donovan Banks
Durban, KZN, South Africa
I am a musician who does anything and everything else. I write about what I do and how I do it. Enjoy and feel free to comment.
View my complete profile

Followers