Monday, May 25, 2009
Welcome to my ramblings and scribblings. If you are interested in music, guitar, recording and performing live then I hope to make this interesting for you.

I am an average guy living an average life but with above average ambitions. I started playing guitar when I was about 12 but never went for any lessons. I do regret that decision but as a youngster you sometimes don't know your real ambition until much later. I played at church since then in a small folk group which isn't very challenging as a guitarist, but certainly tough on your patience and discipline. It is hard to play C-Am-F -G over and over again...

You will get to read about some of the bands I have played in and what I have learnt from them. I have always learnt something and I encourage everyone to do the same. Always try and learn something from everyone.

I live in Durban, South Africa and most of my blog will be in and around here, if we do meet then be prepared to read your name here, and never feel bad, if I mention your name in this blog you must have done something right, be it a moment of musical genius or just teaching me one thing you will probably get a mention here.

Feel free to subscribe, read more, contact me or comment. I'd much rather feel like there is some conversing through this medium as opposed to my writings disappearing into the abyss...

rock on!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Donovan Banks
Durban, KZN, South Africa
I am a musician who does anything and everything else. I write about what I do and how I do it. Enjoy and feel free to comment.
View my complete profile

Followers